JOB TITLE: Junior Software Engineer
REPORTING TO: (New AIMS Development Team Leader)
The successful candidate will join the New Product Development Team as a junior software engineer. They will be part of a cross-functional agile/SCRUM development team working on the complete re-design and development of one of Ultra’s core product suites.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of robust software solutions and unit tests which conform to the overall system architecture as proposed by the software architect and under the guidance of more senior software engineers in the team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and Implement robust commercial n-tier solutions using the latest software development technologies focussing on nHibernate, Oracle, SQL Server, .NET3.5/4.0, C#, Visual Studio 2010 and Silverlight
- Design and implement automated unit tests using appropriate unit testing frameworks (Microsoft Unit Testing Framework).
- Utilise recognised industry standard design patterns and reuse techniques to quickly develop robust and reliable software.
- Utilise agile software development methodology
- Document the implemented software solutions using appropriate techniques.
- Degree or equivalent education in a computer science related subject
- Commercial experience of software development based on Microsoft technologies
- Experience of programming in a high level language such as C# or VB .Net
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with people inside and outside of the organisation.
- Any experience with any of the following technologies would be beneficial:
- .NET v3.5 or 4.0
- Oracle / SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- nTier software design
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of Enterprise Design Patterns
- Understanding of n-tier and client / server architectures
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM/XP software development
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOUR
Maintain a professional attitude and comply with company guidelines as laid out in the Company Employee Handbook
Salary level up to 21k+ benefits (pension, share-save, life assurance, flexible start/finish times)
Location: Manchester (Wythenshawe) car parking available- public transport links from nearby areas (Didsbury, Baguley, Altrincham etc)
Interested candidates should send a CV to email@example.com or can contact Laura for an informal chat on 0161 946 7440.